AWARDS - PATRON'S CUP RECIPIENTS
PATRON'S CUP (Most outstanding achievement by a club).
2016 Winner: AU Boat for success at the University Championships
The Boat Club was again a strong candidate in 2016. The University Games team did the UofA and AU Sport proud with two gold medals, including winning the prestigious Oxford and Cambridge Cup. The club also had impressive state and national results taking out seven state titles and one national title with four podium finishes.
This was one of the closest races of the night, and due to a strong performance in Perth with the 2nd best time in history of the Oxford and Cambridge Cup the Boat Club got the nod.
2015 Winner: AU Boat for success at State and National Championships
The Boat club won a huge number of medals at the State and National level and as such were rewarded by Rowing SA.
2014 Winner: AU Boat for success at State and National Championships.
- State Championships – 20 state titles won by AUBC members.
- Australian Open Rowing Championships – 6 gold, 2 silver and 4 bronze national medals and AUBC rowers in the Kings Cup and Queens Cup, of which there were 8, both received bronze.
- AUG - 3 silver and 5 bronze medals.
- Rowing SA Awards - men's premiership and Isaac Allum-Henson awarded ‘Champion Junior Male’.
The Boat club won the men’s and women’s premierships and was the fifth best performed club in the Australian Championships.
In the State championships, the club members won 22 out of 27 titles, including every men’s state championship event.
2013 Winner: AU Squash for successful University Games Results
Australian University Games:
2012 Winner: AU Boat for success at State and National Championships, University Games and National Results
- Division 1 Winners for the second consecutive year and the only Pennant winners from Adelaide University for the 2013 Australian University Games
- Green and Gold awardee: Cameron Deehan
Australian University Rowing Championships:
- Overall Winning University
- Oxford and Cambridge Cup (Men’s 8)
State Rowing Championships:
- 15 Gold Medals (five more than the next best club), including the Men’s 8
National Rowing Championships:
- 3 Gold Medals
- 4 Silver Medals
- 3 Bronze Medals
- Chris Morgan – Bronze in the men’s quad scull
- Renee Chatterton – women’s eight final